cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Little help submitting a patch on 3.0.x branch
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:05:31 GMT
Also I observed  that you are cloning the repository from git.cloud.com instead of the Apache
repository which is this (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git
). Clone it from here and checkout to master since 3.0.x is considered to be a dead branch
as David mentioned. Please go through this document once (http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Git+workflow+in+the+brave+new+world
) and follow the procedure which I mentioned in my previous mail.

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Pranav Saxena [mailto:pranav.saxena@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:30 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: jamshid69@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Little help submitting a patch on 3.0.x branch

Hi Jamshid ,

You could follow this to submit a patch -

To submit a patch , you might want to go through this document once -  http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Git+workflow+in+the+brave+new+world

Procedure for submitting a patch through Review Board Tool -

1) Then once you have generated your patch and applied to apache branch(say 3.0.x) , you can
go to the review board tool ( https://reviews.apache.org ) to create a new Review request.
You'll need to create your account here and then login to your dashboard.
2) To create a new service request , you need to do the following -
     2.1) - Click on New Review Request
     2.2) - Choose the repository as - cloudstack-git
     2.3) - Upload your patch where the "Diff"  label is mentioned .  You can leave the "Parent
Diff" label empty and click on "Create Review Request".
3) Once this is done , you need to choose -
     3.1) - Branch - The name of apache branch you are working on ( 3.0.x /Master)
    3.2) - Specify the bug ticket number against "Bugs" label
     3.3) - Choose groups as "cloustack" which will automatically send an email to cloudstack-dev
list for your patch review.
     3.4) - Similarly you can specify specific people under the "Peoples" label , in case
you want anyone in particular to review your patch.
     3.5) - Mention the details under the description , summary , Testing done  labels.
4) Finally click on publish to send the patch for review. You'll see an email being sent to
the cloudstack group , the specific people you added and yourself.

Let me know in case you have any problems while submitting patches.

Also can you please tell how have you created your patch ?

Thanks & Regards,
Pranav