cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: Mechanics of the Management Server -> Agent interface
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:20:00 GMT
Watnuss,

You can refer to class Request.java (and related) from package com.cloud.agent.transport,
project core. It uses a library 'Gson' to convert commands into Json.

About how management server chooses host, simply speaking, each command is sent to the host
which should do the job, e.g. for KVM, a StartCommand for a specified VM is sent to the host
that VM runs on.

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: watnuss@gmx.com [mailto:watnuss@gmx.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 7:45 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Mechanics of the Management Server -> Agent interface

Hello,

 I wonder how Cloudstack messages the agent from the management server. What I am particular
interested in is, where and how the JSON object are created and how they look like. (The first
step would be in which package/file is the JSON file created? Couln't find yet)
 What I am also interested in is how the management server chooses the host. As I assume from
the log files it sends keep-alives to the management server?

 It would be really great if you could give me a hand with these questions
 Best regards

 Watnuss