cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Darren Shepherd" <dar...@godaddy.com>
Subject RE: maven: latest patches and how to setup Eclipse/M2E/Jetty
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:48:13 GMT
Olivier,

You added the client module to the main pom.xml, but that break the
profiles for the build.  I created that pom mainly for the jetty:run,
but it depends on all the non-oss stuff and doesn't respect the profiles
to not depend on them when the profiles aren't activated.  While it
would be great to have the client pom switch its deps based on the
profiles, it doesn't matter because at runtime because the
components.xml for CS refers to all the non-oss stuff.

So I purposely left the client module out of the main build for two
reasons.

1) It doesn't respect the profiles
2) "mvn -Dnonoss -am -pl client jetty:run" doesn't seem to work.  You
have to do
  "mvn -Dnonoss install && cd client && mvn jetty:run" for some reason.
I've never gotten the jetty plugin to work right with multi-modules, I
always seem to need to run it as a standalone build.

Darren