cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Local storage support for data volumes
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:34:05 GMT
Can we not  provide the flexibility while adding a host. So when the admin adds a host he has
the provision of enabling/disabling local storage for that host. I think that is the lowest
level of granularity that we can provide to the admin ?
Another question - With this feature would upload volume functionality work for local storage
as well ? Also if the end user chooses HA service offering and local storage disk offering
would that deployment go through ?

Thanks,
-Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Koushik Das [mailto:koushik.das@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:32 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Local storage support for data volumes

I think it is always better to give control to the administrator on whether to enable/disable
local storage in a cluster/zone level. If local storage pool is available by default then
it may be difficult to manage all of them in case of a cluster with large number of hosts.
Also in some cases it may be required not to allow local volume creation on a selected set
of hosts (say in a particular cluster).

-Koushik