cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: signing off patches
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 22:31:20 GMT
Yes, I had the same issue as well and sadly review board was not helpful for committing the
code. I had to do all the hacks like changing the author info, putting in signed off info
manually.
That is not the way to go. Either review board should have good integration with submitting
the git patches or we should switch to a tool which does.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Yang [mailto:sheng@yasker.org]
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:17 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: signing off patches

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:51 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> git commit has a --author argument
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-commit.html

Reviewboard removed author information is annoying. Otherwise git-am would do the trick(and
force contributor to respect coding style) well.

Anyway to download original file from Reviewboard? I don't think we're the only one got this
problem.

BTW, in Linux kernel community(and Xen/KVM), the original author is Author, and maintainer(committor
in our case) would do Signed-off-by: to indicate who accepted this patch. Probably we can
borrow some ideas here.

--Sheng