cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.0 release plan
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:39:59 GMT
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
>> David Nalley, Pradeep Soundararajan, Chip Childers, and Edison Su are working on
sorting out our build dependencies, turning off things that depend on non-Apache SDKs (libvirt-java,
mysql-connector-java, NetApp, F5, and VMware SDKs).

> David / Pradeep / Edison - I've been trying to figure out if we
> currently have a clean process for:
>
> 1 - Identifying and documenting issues to be resolved
> 2 - Assigning (or accepting volunteers) for working on each item
> 3 - Tracking overall progress
>
> We do at least have a wiki page, but do all items have a bug ID and
> are we tracking progress against this?
>
> I'm willing to try and get this more organized, but you folks might
> already have a clear view on what needs to be done.  Am I just not
> seeing the organization process clearly?

I am afraid it is a bit more haphazard.
There is this wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/moving-dependencies-to-asf-approved-licenses.html

And my current set of personal todos is to:
1. Get rid of all binary jars in the source tree
2. Have an ant target (for the time being) that acquires all of the
necessary jars for building, and another target for optional build
paths and runtime deps.
3. Continue on the license audit path. This is really two fold:
  * Search for files that need ASF license headers.
  * Verify that there are no prohibited licenses.
  * Define the pieces of software that require attribution in Notice file.
4. Get the License and Notice files in good order.
5. Run RAT[1] against the source tree.

Of course I have other things I am trying to do, but from a 'getting
things ready for release' perspective this is what is in my mind, and
I'd welcome help. Particularly with things like RAT (and I wonder if
Whisker could help as well, but haven't even gone past the project
description at this point)

[1] http://creadur.apache.org/