cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Update on wrapping DevCloud into a Vagrant Box
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:16:55 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
> If automate doesn't work, document it?,..

I'm going to pivot a bit here, and aim for the following:

1 - Unattended Ubuntu 12.04 installation, per Edison's specs.
2 - Puppet manifest to describe handle the pre-configuration phase.
3 - Puppet manifest to provision the post-configuration phase.

We can use the unattended install and puppet manifests in a number of
different ways, which might include a Vagrant provisioning config in
the future.

Folks from Citrix - The puppet manifest for cloudstack is hosted on
Github still [1].  It's README file says that it's GPL (but also has a
commentary about how manifests are probably not copyrightable).
Anyone have an issue using this as a starting point for step 3 above?

[1] https://github.com/CloudStack/puppet-cloudstack