cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [RFC] DevCloud, an all-in-one-box CloudStack development environment
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 23:07:18 GMT
Got it up and running with virtual box on osx. No luck yet importing it into Parallels, if
I figure that out  I'll add a "how to" to the wiki page.

Some thoughts:
* Do a little cleanup before packaging the disk image for download - I see things like root's
bash history. Not giving away a lot of info, but anything helps a malicious user. Might want
to clean out /var/log as well.
* Might want to clean up the users/permissions in mysql - user cloud can connect from anywhere
without a password, and I see 2 users with no usernames/passwords - not sure how mysqld will
treat those, but probably shouldn't be there.
* At login I'm shown there's 26 security updates - might want to apply those to the release.
* At least on mac, accessing the UI works with http://localhost:8080/client, not my machine's
IP.

I can't get past "View all" for any of the items on the Infrastructure page to add zones/etc,
not sure if that's just me, won't have time to debug further on that today...

John

It's ready to download from http://download.cloud.com/templates/devcloud/DevCloud.ova and
the document is put at http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/comm/DevCloud.
>   If you are a CloudStack developer whose daily tasks are directly related to hypervisor,
or are interested in CloudStack but don't want to setup a CloudStack environment by yourself,
welcome to have a try.