cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kimihiko Kitase <Kimihiko.Kit...@citrix.co.jp>
Subject RE: More Japanese documentation is now available
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:02:43 GMT
3.0 l10n has been done by Citrix l10n team in Tokyo. I discussed with director of this team
about the translation of Apache CloudStack, but its

1. Jessica will fix label issue soon :)
2. Agree. There is same documentation in Citrix site. So it should be linked to this site.
3. CloudStack 3.0 is localized by l10n team in Japan, but this team is not part of CloudStack
team. I discussed with the director of this team, it may be possible to involve them to Apache
CloudStack as reviewer in the future. But it will be take a time... Instead of this, I can
be contact person for l10n and i18n (Japanese only), although I need to learn the way for
l10n in Open Source project... If its ok, please let me know what kind of tools did you have
in May / June.

Thanks
Kimi

-----Original Message-----
From: brett@porterclan.net [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett Porter
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:00 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: More Japanese documentation is now available

I noticed that the English version of 3.0 got labeled (Japanese), which was confusing at first
:)

I also noticed these documents are for CloudPlatform, but the links labeled CloudStack. I
understand that's going to work just fine for the prior CloudStack releases, and that there's
a period of transition. However, it's important to start being clear which is which - I suggest
the page should say something along the lines of "CloudStack 3.0 users should refer to the
CloudPlatform documentation:", then adjust the link text.

I presume as of 4.0 these will be separated, in line with the discussion about the docs repo
here recently.

However, this raises a question about translations. In May/June there was a discussion about
tools for l10n - should that start being used with the Apache CloudStack docs soon to encourage
contributors to the Japanese (and
other) translations to participate here? It'd be great to see some of the people that worked
on the 3.0 translation involved - there was a recent request to have a Japanese users list
and that would be easier to provide oversight for if there were members of the project that
can speak Japanese.

Regards,
Brett

--