cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Deepak Garg <deepak.g...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Creating an Apache cloudstack docs repo: please discuss
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 03:52:17 GMT

The dev documentation may be kept in the same repo which will talk about the APIs, architecture
etc. but documentation like 'install guide', 'quick install guide', 'setting up xyz environment'
where xyz could be Nicira switch or some other external piece, should be kept in a separate
repo IMO.

Deepak

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 8:53 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating an Apache cloudstack docs repo: please discuss

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 04:27:30PM +0200, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> I would go with approch of having the docs in the same repo under say /docs
> as David mentioned

+1

Some projects may do this differently, but it's usually the norm to keep
documentation with the rest of the code.

> Take into account that having more than one repo will need more work and
> infra management

Not to mention a headache for anyone working with CloudStack code and
docs.

Best,

Joe
--
"Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants
to build and nobody wants to do maintenance." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>