cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] tools directory
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:07:27 GMT
On 07/06/2012 12:54 PM, Kevin Kluge wrote:
> I understood GCC to have a AL 2.0 license and to be used by the UI, as described in [1].
  So it should at least be acceptable per license.   I don't see why it has to be kept in
the source tree but a removal of it should also include build changes to download a known-stable
version for use in the build,

Downloading things during build will not work in all cases, thus a
"download something to build the stack" is not a good option.

Things in the source tree should be either in source format or
describable as an dependency. If a "download it automatically" feature
is needed for developer convenience then it should be an explicit
feature that can be enabled.

I am thinking here primarily of package build systems such as OBS (Open
Build Service) that do not provide network access when packages are
being built.

Regards,
Robert

Tech Lead