cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Development with multiple devclouds
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:14:46 GMT
Hi,

>> I tried to import and use two devclouds, but for some reason I was not
>> able to add the first host itself. Please help debug, if at all this
>> idea seems worth exploring. Also, as Chiradeep suggested in an email
>> previously, would n't be a good option to have a single XenServer/NFS
>> as DevCloud and Mgmt server/MySQL on host os?
> Yes, that's a good option. But there are potential issues:
> 1. mgt server connects to hypervisor host using port 22.
> 2. mgt server accesses XAPI using port 80.
> Both port 22 and 80/443 can't be port-forwarded(at least under Linux host OS) when VirtualBox
working in NAT mode.
> To get around, need to change cloudstack source code to using port beyond 1024.

Yes, that's true for NAT, but in my case I'm trying to use host-only adapter as primary interface
and a second NAT adapter for DNS/Internet. Is it possible to use one as host-only (so both
ssh and XAPI are reachable) and second one as NAT (so, DNS and Internet works) for DevCloud
(this works for me in the decoupled setup as explained in the wiki but not using default DevCloud
image)? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rohit Yadav