cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Patches review
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:46:29 GMT
I know it's been discussed in several email threads, but I would like to
initiate a separate discussion on what tool we should use for reviweing
the patches.

Several people (including myself - using Outlook on Mac OS X Lion) have
been struggling already with applying email patches using "git am". Some
patches appear to be broken, email file import/save is different in
various email clients, etc. But the main disadvantage - there is no other
way to track patch flow history rather than gathering email by subject.
For instance, I would like to see the patch history in some centralized
place:

* when patch was created
* who picked up the patch for the review and when
* what was fixed after first, second,...n review
* when the patch was merged to the mainstream.

I think we should start using the official tool for that -
Gerrit/Reviewboard/etc.

Please follow up with your suggestions and preferences.

-Alena.