cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Easy task for folks looking to get involved
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:40:19 GMT
See inline below for my reply to David's question about purging the docs
directory in the repo.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:39 PM
To: Chip Childers
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Easy task for folks looking to get involved

<snip>

> >Here are the folders that I have outstanding questions / issues with:

<snip>

 >> docs 100 - SKIPPED - I'm not sure how the documentation folder will

>> get the copyright and license terms changes.  Can one of the technical

>> writers from the Citrix team take a look and help here?

>Jessica - how soon can we purge this directory from the ASF repo?

>Nothing here that should require adding license headers.

So to answer your question with a question: do we want to purge the docs
directory, or do we want to replace it with an open-source version of the
legacy docs?

If the Apache repo doesn't need to preserve history from before the
donation, then the directory can be removed whenever you feel like it. We
are replacing it with a separate XML-based doc repo for v3.0 forward
(coming soon!) Obviously, keeping Citrix-copyrighted Word for Windows files
would be highly undesirable in an Apache Foundation code repo.

However, maybe we need to make CC-BY-SA versions of the docs to support
users of 2.2.x versions. I still update the 2.2.x docs, especially if a
major inaccuracy is found. I publish the updates to
http://docs.cloudstack.org.

As for the 2.0 and 2.1 documents in the docs directory, I don't remember
ever touching them. They are still copyrighted to Cloud.com.

Jessica T.

CloudStack Tech Pubs