cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: Can we use other language here?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:01:12 GMT
+1. Localized mailing list is common for all big opensource projects.

The issue of discussing using non-English in the mailing list would be
nobody else than specific group of people know what's you are talking
about. Then people may not able to provide help, or the knowledge may
not able to accumulate.

I think at least for development, we'd better stick to English(for
now). And since this is technical mailing list, no body would cares
about grammar etc. :D

But for user, we may need localized mailing to get more and more
people involving CloudStack.

Just my $0.02. :)

--Sheng

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Salvatore Orlando
<Salvatore.Orlando@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> +1 for introducing localized mailing lists.
>
> I think this would be best trade-off between being able to actively involve developers
in different cultures and keeping a "global" mailing list in English.
> English is not my first language either, but I guess I'm not at fault by stating that
it is by large the most commonly known 2nd language in several parts of the world.