cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Hibernate
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:51:27 GMT

On Jun 28, 2012, at 12:45 AM, Sheng Liang <Sheng.Liang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> In short, I see three options (please comment if you see more) 1. Rip out hibernate
and replace with some other ORM 2. Make the AWS API bits an optional non-default part of the
build.
> 3. Declare that hibernate is a system requirement for CloudStack
>
> I prefer option #1. It is the cleanest. I don't think it will be very difficult to rip
out Hibernate.

> Sheng

That is my personal inclination as well, though I am somewhat reticent to say so, since I
am not doing any of the work to rip and replace. At the same time choice of ORM is a big issue.
I know, for instance that Alex was looking into finding another ORM for the rest of CloudStack.
When I initially looked at the Hibernate issue, Prachi told me she thought it was about 2
weeks worth of work.

--David