cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Zhang <Frank.Zh...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Config public network without VLAN(error:no route to the host)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:13:52 GMT
> Hi
>
> please refer to my reply
>
> "The first template(the centos template in which already downloaded during
> preparation) is not even working, it also shows "no route to the host""

No that means it didn't download successfully.  Login SSVM, try downloading the template you
want by wget.
You should face the problem of "no route to host", as aforementioned, there is some firewall
rules blocking the traffic.
Given the default centos failed to download, I suspect your 443 port or 80 port to public
network is blocked.

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM, Chiradeep Vittal <
> Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> > Because it results in the suppression of the initial ARP request to
> > the gateway. This is how the Linux network stack reports an ARP issue.
> >
> > --
> > Chiradeep
> >
> > On Jun 12, 2012, at 16:31, "David Nalley" <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> > > Why would lack of this result in no route to host. Firewall issues
> > > would
> > die silently without that error. It isn't even trying.

> > is

> > while

> > dpt:mdns
> > dpt:ipp