cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack UIX
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:18:27 GMT
First off, Thank You everyone for your feedback. This is good to hear in terms of trying to
improve upon the CloudStack experience.

A few things to note:

Too many clicks:
We have heard the feedback about multiple clicks and are working on trying to limit the amount.
Our first steps to working toward this goal can be found in  the new infrastructure page where
we will be providing quick links to the Zones, pods, clusters, host, etc...that will take
you to a global list of the properties regardless of zone selected. We would appreciate feedback
on where you would see most of your time being spent so that we can find a way for you to
reach that destination sooner.

More info less action:
As Pranav mentioned in the earlier response, we are toying with the idea of adding more information
to the table/list view with fewer actions required by the user. I'll add a post with screenshots
to the wiki for a better explanation.

Customizable content and pluggable framework:
If you take a look at the wiki and click on the "Flip Dashboard" link, you'll see an example
of a completely revamped dashboard. The concept here is to add not only monitoring information
but common actions such as create a vm, create a zone, etc...It would be ideal to have the
user add whatever common used functionality to this dashboard to make ease of use for them.
If this is an idea you would like us to pursue then please let us know and we will try to
work towards it.

I'll be posting more concepts and designs on the wiki and will be answering more questions
as they come in. Once again Thank You all for the feedback and I hope these answers helped.

http://confluence.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/CloudStack+UIX
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/CloudStack+UIX?focusedCommentId=9601436#comment-9601436

Thank You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Sr. Visual Designer | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA