cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Maintainer/committer model for CloudStack
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:07:27 GMT

On 06/02/2012 04:57 AM, David Nalley wrote:
> So it seems we have some consensus around trying this maintainer model
> out - so now we need the existing committers to step up for some of
> these 'modules'. I am happy to step up for packaging stuff (debs and
> rpms) and some of the related things around this such as initscripts.
> I'd like to get to the point where someone else picks debian stuff up,
> since my level of comfort and familiarity there is a bit lower.

As I'm a heavy Ubuntu user I'd like to help with those packages. My goal
is still to get WAF out of the door and build all the packages with ant
and dpkg.

It's still annoying me that the dependencies in the packages are not
correct and they them getting build is a moving target.

The build system should be so stable that we can have nightly rpm and
deb builds of CloudStack somewhere on the website.

Wido