cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <Jessica.Tomec...@citrix.com>
Subject Citrix CloudStack product vs. Apache CloudStack project technical documentation
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 00:14:20 GMT
Assuming that the next CloudStack release occurs simultaneously within the Citrix product family
and in the Apache project, we will need to create both open-source and commercial versions
of CloudStack Install Guides, Release Notes, etc. (see http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14860).

The project and product have not yet diverged much, so we probably just change the product
name, logo, and copyright statement. From discussions so far, it seems like the following
will be used for the open-source project docs:

*         Apache CloudStack

*         Feather (and mascot<http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/CloudStack+mascot+proposals>
if available)

*         CC-BY-SA

Please let us know if there are any comments about this approach.

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs