cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: E-Mail client guidelines on the mailing list
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 00:13:30 GMT
To clarify, I said there were no fixed rules on how a project conducts itself (like the e-mail
discussion).  The ASF is not completely lawless :)

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine

On May 3, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Matt told us yesterday (at the CloudStack event) that there are no rules on a Apache
project, but I do think some guidelines are needed.

> One of the things we should discuss is the usage of the devel list and how you post on
it.

> I'm suggesting to use:
> - Plain-text e-mail only
> - No disclaimers or big signatures
> - No top-quoting, only bottom quoting or in-line
> - Send patches using "git send-email"
> - Always Reply-All
>
> I regularly read my e-mail on my phone or on some other high-latency, low-bandwidth connection
and in those cases it's nice to have plain-text e-mail only.