cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Permissions/repo
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 19:21:12 GMT

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 04:28:14 PM David Nalley wrote:
> Hi folks - not sure how we handle this other than the PPMC is supposed
> to grant permissions - but I noticed for instance that even though the
> initial committers have accounts - we don't have permissions on the
> repo yet.  Actually - I just looked in asf-authorization-template and
> don't see a group for us yet, which makes me wonder if the LDAP group
> exists. Regardless - what needs to happen to get perms on the repo
> taken care of  (I know the repo is in RO mode atm, not looking to
> change that - just hoping to push us one step further along). I am
> happy to do what work I can.

Everyone with accounts SHOULD be in the incubator LDAP group.   That should
be the only thing needed to push into the git repo.    You can check:

http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

to make sure you are in the incubator group if you are unsure.

>From there, you would need to clone the git repo using the https url:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git

and that should then let you push and such.   At least that's the theory.
Any takers to test that out?   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp