cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: OVS tunnel manager feature merged in master and 3.0.x
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 02:04:15 GMT
Cool! I'm going to be on basic networking for a few months so not quite ready to try it, but
will this eventually support KVM?

John

On Apr 23, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Salvatore Orlando wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick heads-up to inform that the Open vSwitch tunnel manager is now available
in Cloudstack's master and 3.0.x branches.
> Chiradeep summarized the problem, and the solution, in a few slides: http://www.slideshare.net/chiradeep_v/cloudstack-sdn
>
> A more complete (and possibly boring) description of the feature is described at http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/RelOps/Open+vSwitch+tunnel+manager+for+Cloudstack;
please not that it will be available as a "tech preview" for Bonita.  A full-bodied implementation
can be expected in upcoming releases.

> -          If you wish to give your feedback or suggesting ways for improving the implementation,
please feel free to live your comments on the 'improvements' page, available at http://confluence.cloudstack.org/display/RelOps/Open+vSwitch+tunnel+manager+improvements
(it's a bit raw at the moment, but we will update it soon!)

> -          If you want to try the feature, make sure your database is up-to-date. If
you're currently running a db version < 3.0.3 then the upgrade script should kick in when
the management server starts, upgrading the DB for you.
> Otherwise, run the following SQL against the 'cloud' database:
>
> CREATE TABLE `cloud`.`ovs_tunnel_interface` (
>
>  `id` bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
>
>  `ip` varchar(16) DEFAULT NULL,
>
>  `netmask` varchar(16) DEFAULT NULL,
>
>  `mac` varchar(18) DEFAULT NULL,
>
>  `host_id` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
>
>  `label` varchar(45) DEFAULT NULL,
>
>  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
>
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=5 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
>

> INSERT INTO `cloud`.`ovs_tunnel_interface` (`ip`, `netmask`, `mac`, `host_id`, `label`)
VALUES ('0', '0', '0', 0, 'lock');

> CREATE TABLE `cloud`.`ovs_tunnel_network`(
>  `id` bigint unsigned NOT NULL UNIQUE AUTO_INCREMENT,
>  `from` bigint unsigned COMMENT 'from host id',
>  `to` bigint unsigned COMMENT 'to host id',
>  `network_id` bigint unsigned COMMENT 'network identifier',
>  `key` int unsigned COMMENT 'gre key',
>  `port_name` varchar(32) COMMENT 'in port on open vswitch',
>  `state` varchar(16) default 'FAILED' COMMENT 'result of tunnel creatation',
>  PRIMARY KEY(`from`, `to`, `account`)
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
>
> INSERT INTO `cloud`.`ovs_tunnel_network` (`from`, `to`, `network_id`, `key`, `port_name`,
`state`) VALUES (0, 0, 0, 0, 'lock', 'SUCCESS');

> Finally, it is quite likely you'll find something which is not working properly! If that
is the case, please file an issue on jira.cloudstack.org and assign it to either me (Salvatore
Orlando) or Chiradeep Vittal. Please also specify "Network Controller" as the affected component.

> Salvatore

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella