cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: packages for....
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:30:20 GMT
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@suse.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build packages for openSUSE and SLE. It lookks like the spec
> file checked into github will mostly work. My problem with getting started
> is the "missing" release tarball.
>
> Is there such a beast as a release tarball?
>  - If yes, where would I find it?
>  - If no, is there a script in the source tree to create one?
>           -- If no, what do I need to put in the tarball?

Hi Robert,

There is a script to generate it, but it's part of the waf rpm build
script. Essentially you run that within a working source directory and
builds a tarball and runs rpmbuild -bb cloud.spec against it. So the
easiest way is to just tar up the source contents, or you can grab any
of the tarballs from any of the tags here:
https://github.com/CloudStack/CloudStack/tags

My goal is to get rid of waf (which is currently how RPMs/DEBs are
built) and end up using ant for build and install. Right now waf does
a considerable amount of the install piece. I have a working spec to
build with ant - but haven't gotten all of the waf specific stuff back
into the any deploy target yet, so the spec while it works looks like
a mass of cp -a statements.

--David