climate-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Nadeau <denis.nad...@nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Adding headers to obs4MIPs
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 05:07:31 GMT
Mike,

It seems from what I am reading that you can add the NOSA copyright at
the end of the NOTICE file.  At least this section needs to be in the
NOTICE file:

Copyright © 2012-2013 United States Government as represented by the
Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. All
Other Rights Reserved

You can delete the Header section from the source files and put the ASF
copyright instead.  As long as the copyright is in the NOTICE file, we
should be fine.

They also want a changelog file  showing that it is a modification from
the Original software.  maybe in the CHANGES.txt file we could say:

** New Feature
     * [CLIMATE-!!!] - Adding obs4MIPs 1.0 from NASA

Does this make sense?

Denis