climate-dev mailing list archives

From "denis.nadeau" <denis.nad...@nasa.gov>
Subject obs4MIPs program
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 20:49:36 GMT
Hi,

I am going to check in CISTO NASA obs4MIPs Python program into the
apache climate incubator this week.  The software is used here at NASA
NCCS to convert from hdf, netcdf, grads (ctl) files and matlab files to
netcdf using CMOR2 and following the CMIP5 convention.   Since the code
was written following obs4MIPs project requirements , some CMOR2
attributes are deleted and new ones are created in the output file.

Feel free to try it up.  If you have problem installing/running the
software send a ticket to the Apache JIRA.  You might have to do some
work on get all dependencies working first.   The sofware utilizes a lot
of third party package such as xlrd, cmor2, netCDF4, ....

I have written a INSTALLATION document which explains how to solve the
dependencies and set up a "resource" file to run the program. I have
also created 2 examples, one with TRMM data that I downloaded from the
GES DISC (as netcdf file) and one from the ECMWF ERA-Interim Y2013 data
file using a excel spreadsheet to match CMIP5 variables to ECMWF variables.

In the future I will add a "grads ctl" file example, which is very
helpful to aggregate data easily.

Have fun with it!
Denis

Denis Nadeau, (CSC)
NCCS (NASA Center for Climate Simulation)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Mailcode 606.2
8800 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20771
Email: denis.nadeau@nasa.gov
Phone: (301) 286-7286           Fax: 301.286.1634