click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: onGet and onRender with page refresh
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:09:11 GMT
Hi Yinghai,

On 15/12/2010 09:43, Yinghai Zhao wrote:
> Hello
> I have some question with onGet and onRender method:
> 1.is onRender always called before onGet?

It's the other way around. See the doco here[1] to for a detailed view of the request flow.

> 2.is <http://2.is> a page refresh triggers onRender and onGet? or only one of them

Both are called.

> i.e. I have a stateful edit student page list of courses(using table object) through
a many to many
> relationship.

> when I added or remove a course and updated the database in the submit listener, i call
onRender to

onRender is invoked by Click, you don't need to call it yourself. You could also implement
DataProvider to make DB calls when the table renders. See the Click examples how this is done.

regards

Bob

[1]: http://click.apache.org/docs/user-guide/html/ch02s02.html