click-user mailing list archives

From C Jennings <conorsm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does Apache Click support Captchas?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:50:50 GMT
Well I tried a slightly different approach and attempted to implement the reCaptcha web service.
This worked fine in my Spring prototype whereby I merely added the sample Javascript below
to my form and then read it's request/response parameters in my Spring MVC Controller.

However, when I tried to implement reCapthca using Click, I am unable to pass any values back
to my Page class. Both of these parameters return null:

String challenge = getContext().getRequest().getParameter("recaptcha_challenge_field");
String response = getContext().getRequest().getParameter("recaptcha_response_field");

 I guess it makes sense as I only have one parameter on my HTM page, namely $form. Since the
WebService reCaptcha sript lies"outside" or below the $form on my page, I wonder, then if
it is even possible to embed a Javascript element inside a form using Click? Otherwise, how
else could you pass back any arguments to the Page class?

Source: http://wheelersoftware.com/articles/recaptcha-java.html
<script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://api.recaptcha.net/challenge?k=<your_public_key>">
</script>
<noscript>
    <iframe src="http://api.recaptcha.net/noscript?k=<your_public_key>"
        height="300" width="500" frameborder="0"></iframe><br>
    <textarea name="recaptcha_challenge_field" rows="3" cols="40">
    </textarea>
    <input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field"
        value="manual_challenge">
</noscript>

Thanks again,
 Conor