click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Border pages inheritance
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:17:49 GMT
Hi Hans,

There is no template hierarchy support based on Java inheritance. The border-template might
seems
like an inheritance based hierarchy but is in fact a Velocity #parse directive which includes
child template.

Of course the child templates can have their own #parse directive and so on, forming a hierarchy
of
templates, but it is not based on Java inheritance. The pages could drive the template hierarchy
by
passing in the #parse direct template value.

border-template.htm:
#parse($path)

some-page.htm:
#if($template1)
 #parse(template1)
#end

Kind regards

Bob

On 28/04/2010 23:13, hans@welinux.cl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been in trouble to make a three level inheritance of border pages ?.. i have the
next hierarchy:

> Page -> Sub Section Page -> Section Page -> Border Page
>
> The problem lies in overriding getTemplate(...) in subclasses of Border Page: Java inheritance
works fine, but this kind of html "inheritance" is lost. It seems that the solution may come
from some velocity workaround. The idea is preserve the modularity of pages hierarchy.