click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB 3.1 injection of a SessionBean in a click page
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:42:08 GMT
On 12/04/2010 23:19, Manuel Chinea wrote:

> Ok, i meant more of a project-specific Page, like MyPage, not the
> Framework specific Page.

Ah nods, I meant an application specific page as well. You can certainly do this in a BasePage
or
BorderPage, however the reason I'm suggesting you don't, is your BasePage can grow quite large
as
the number of services grow. We've found that large super pages can be difficult to digest
by new
developers working on our application.

However since everybody's needs is different a super page exposing services might not pose
a problem
in your case. And if down the road it does, you can easily refactor the services into a separate

Service Locator or Service Factory class.

> Ah, that is very interesting. I totally forgot about the ClickServlet!.
> I'll take a look on that option. That way i'll learn a little bit more
> of Apache Click in the process! ;).

Agreed :)

I'm also hoping a future release of Click could expose a page creation service interface so
the
ClickServlet doesn't have to be subclassed.

kind regards

bob