click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB 3.1 injection of a SessionBean in a click page
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:51:38 GMT
On 12/04/2010 11:00, Manuel Chinea wrote:

> I guess a simple way to do this is doing the ctx.lookup of the SLSB.
> Could/should it be done in a custom ConfigService or a TypeConverter
> class in click? or better in a Superclass?

ctx.lookup has been the approach used in EJB containers this far.

I wouldn't use a superclass for this though. While its simple, the Page is not really the
place to
manage service lookup logic.

I'd recommend a ServiceFactory or ServiceLocator pattern, unless J2EE 6 provides a way to
inject
services into POJOs directly.

Another approach is to subclass ClickServlet, override newPageInstance which passes in the
pageClass
to create, scan for @EJB annotated services and inject them manually. The SpringClickServlet
does
something similar, so have a look for some inspiration.

kind regards

bob