click-user mailing list archives

From gdenchev <george.denc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click web architecture questions - services, transactions, etc.
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:15:50 GMT

Thank you both for your fast responces, much appreciated!

Apparently I have missed the Spring integration with stateful pages example,
thanks for pointing that out.
It seems that we will use the 3rd approach to Spring integration as
described in the documentation.

Regarding the transactions, I have started implementing the two-phased
transaction approach, but ran into the following problem:
I need to copy and modify (add logic) the SpringClickServlet.processPage
method. The method contains calls to protected static methods like
ActionEventDispatcher.getThreadLocalDispatcher(). In my experience this
makes extensions quite impossible. The same holds true for the ClickClick
extension project (hosted on Google code). Currently I will have to modify
the Click code itself to perform the extension.
Is this by design? Do you plan on making these static methods public or
replacing them with non-static methods alltogether?

Thanks,
Georgi