click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Page not found error
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:03:25 GMT
Hi Jiujing,

The "Page Not Found" error means that the URL you are accessing does not map to a Java Class.
In
this case the home.htm template does not map to HomePage.class. Stating this differently,
Click
cannot find the Java class belonging to the home.htm template.

Since you are following the quickstart guide you will notice that the "click.xml" file maps
Pages
under the Java package "com.quickstart.page". This means you have to compile HomePage.java
to the
folder "WEB-INF/classes/". You should end up with the class under
"WEB-INF/classes/com/quickstart/page/HomePage.class"

When Click starts up it will print which templates maps to which files. You should see the
following
statement:

[Click] [debug] /home.htm -> com.quickstart.page.HomePage

kind regards

bob

On 11/03/2010 11:41 PM, Jiujing Gu wrote:
> I'm not sure what do you mean by setup the project.  I do not use IDE.
> Do you mean I need to have something in build.xml file for each project?
> All I did was to follow the steps in apache click quickstart page. i.e.
>
> 1. add a click.xml and web.xml configuration file to applications
>     WEB-INF directory:
> 2. add the  JAR files to application WEB-INF/lib
> 3. add a redirect.html file to the web root directory
> 4. define a HomePage class, in applications WEB-INF/classes directory
> 5. add a corresponding Home page home.htm in the web root director
>
> (Please go http://click.apache.org/&  click on quickstart for details.)
>
> Are you saying that there is something missing in this instruction?
> I think I did similar things as you on the tomcat side.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Jiujing
> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 18:03 -0300, Gilberto C. Andrade wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Jiujing Gu<jgu@met.fsu.edu>  wrote:
>>          Hi,
>>
>>          I'm a new to this.
>>
>>          I downloaded click.2.1.0 and got the examples working under
>>          tomcat.
>>          Then I tried to follow the quick start guide on
>>          http://click.apache.org/
>>          steps 1-4.  I didn't get what I suppose to get. All I got was
>>
>>          Page Not Found
>>          The page you requested was not found.
>>
>>          What have I done wrong?  Could that because I didn't put the
>>          files
>>          under CATALINA_HOME?
>>
>> How did you setup your project?
>> Are you using any IDE - eclipse, netbeans - or any build tool - ant,
>> maven?
>>
>> Gilberto
>>
>>           If that is the case, what do I need to do to make
>>          it work outside CATALINA_HOME?
>>
>> In Tomcat 5, application Context Descriptor XML files are placed in
>> the
>> $CATALINA_HOME/conf/<engine name>/<host name>  directory.
>>
>> Its my example:
>> /home/gilberto/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/conf/Catalina/localhost/com.gilbertoca.park-park-webapp.xml
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <Context
>> docBase="/home/gilberto/dev/netbeans-config/park-jpa/web/target/com.gilbertoca.park-park-webapp"
path="/com.gilbertoca.park-park-webapp">