click-user mailing list archives

From Paul <paul_mal...@kywb.uscourts.gov>
Subject Re: By-passing Security on Home Page
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:35:28 GMT
Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  Yes, I am using Click's quickstart to
generate my application. I'm having a bit of a problem moving the home page and
making it work.  Below is what I did.

1. Moved ...\myapp\WebContent\user\home.htm to
...\myapp\WebContent\home.htm

2. In ...\myapp\WebContent\WEB-INF\menu.xml
changed user/home.htm to home.htm

3. Moved ...\myapp\page\user\HomePage.java to
...\myapp\page\HomePage.java

4. In HomePage.java changed
package com.mycompany.myapp.page.user; to
package com.mycompany.myapp.page;

5. In all of the other java files changed
import com.mycompany.myapp.page.user.HomePage; to
import com.mycompany.myapp.page.HomePage;

6. In ...\WebContent\redirect.html changed "URL=user/home.htm" to
"URL=home.htm"

7. In ...\WebContent\logout.html changed $context/user/home.htm to
$context/home.htm

When I start Tomcat, I get the error below.  Entering address
(http://server1:8080/myapp/home.htm) in my web browser works the way I want
(i.e., security is by-passed and the home page is displayed).  However, when I
enter http://server1:8080/myapp/login.htm" in the web browser and try to login,
the web browser URL is changed to "http://server1:8080/myapp/j_security_check"
and the error is "HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login
page".  Did I make a mistake in the steps above or did I leave something out?
Maybe instead of moving the home page which will just be for searching, I should
just create a search page and put it at the root level and leave everything else
alone.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Paul

********** Error when starting Tomcat ***********************
[Click] [info ] initialized in debug mode
Oct 30, 2008 10:15:05 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager doLoad
SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.InvalidClassExcept
ion: com.mycompany.myapp.page.HomePage; unable to create instance
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.mycompany.myapp.page.HomePage; unable to
create instance
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1739)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject
  (StandardSession.java:1439) ...