click-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher Highway" <chhigh...@gmail.com>
Subject [clickclick] new BooleanSelect field
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:06:14 GMT
Hi all,

Added the BooleanSelect (core) and experimental StyledBooleanSelect
(examples) to the clickclick repository.

I had a bit of a struggle with Click, but I came out on top in the end
(I think...) :-)

There is a testpage: clickclick-core-examples/controls/booleanSelect.htm
I didn't put it in the menu or anything so you'll have to browse to it manually.

[BooleanSelect]
- there are get/setBoolean() methods in keeping with
Integer/Long/Date/etc Fields.
- added some default notations backed by the resource bundle (see sample page).
- the required option defaults to tristate, not required defaults to
twostate (read the class javadoc for more info).

As OptionNames are final, and if the tristate property is changed 2 or
3 Options may be needed. For this the creation of the Options is
deferred to onInit(), this means:
a) the Options are not available for tweaking in page.onInit() (but
Options don't have anything to tweak so that's only a minor issue)
b) changes made after page.onInit() won't be reflected in the final result.

[StyledBooleanSelect]
The StyledBooleanSelect is a bit of a mixed success, it has some issues:

java-side:
Option does not have style attribute or class properties so I made a
new StyledOption class to add them.
the values are also buffered in the Select class as the options are
only instantiated at control.onInit() so the same goes as for a) and
b).

html-side:
Limited support for styling option elements (background-color and font
are ok, but Images are only supported by Firefox)
- if you use images you need to enable javascript to make it work correcty.
- use of images regresses ok in IE but less in Opera.
- colors work correctly in Opera and IE, but only show in the
dropdownlist in Firefox (Opera and IE apply the style of the selected
option to the Select control, but Firefox doesn't, this is also why
the image has to be manually changed through javascript).

Anyways, please have a look.

Cheers
Christopher

PS: I put the two icons in assets/images folder.
I made them myself, so there shouldn't be any copyright issues (used:
Artweaver + Windows Webdings font)