click-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher Highway" <chhigh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: feature request: BooleanSelect
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:11:17 GMT
Hi
Thank you for your quick answer.

Well, checkbox doesn't support tristate, which you need if you want to
make sure the user makes a concious choice and not just the default
value (and required on checkbox doesn't work, read note at the
bottom).

You might solve this problem with javascript, but I'm not much of a
javascript buff...

But I agree that this reason alone might not be enough motivation to
introduce a new control, I can always make my own, so no problem
anyway.

Thanks
Christopher

PS: While doing some testing with the checkbox (making sure I'm not
saying anything that's not true :-) I noticed that when you make a
checkbox required, the only way to have a valid form is by checking
it, you can't use the unchecked value, eg. this makes the use of the
required option rather limited (to for instance forms with a legal
notice and "must accept to continue" checkbox).