click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors after upgrading to 1.5
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:13:43 GMT
Vikram Natarajan wrote:

> runtime.log.logsystem.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JLogSystem

Ok, this will replace Click's custom velocity logger so we should
cater for this. I'll check in a fix shortly.

> On another note, after we refactored our toString()s to use render(), we
> are seeing StackOverFlow messages.

Hmm StackOverFlow normally indicates infinite recursion. This can
happen when control A adds B as a child and B accidentally adds A as a
child as well.

Overflow can also occur when a Control's rendering logic is wrong. For
example Control A invokes its own render method instead of its child
render method.

Can you post the stack trace?

kind regards

bob