click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [clickclick] new BooleanSelect field
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:45:36 GMT
Hi Christopher,

BooleanSelect looks good.

I also don't think tweaking the control after onInit will be common.
However if you want to support this a custom Option with mutable Label
could do the trick.

One thing you might want to consider for the StyledBooleanSelect is to
   "hardcode" the option CSS classes with no option of changing it.
This way you can document the available CSS classes and force users to
use external CSS to style it if they want. (its a shame browser
support are so flaky with Option styling)

If you do consider this you might want to merge BooleanSelect and
StyledBooleanSelect into one control where BooleanSelect has a
StyledOption which appends the CSS classes.

Lastly you could probably remove the isMultiple logic in
StyledOption#render as BooleanSelect does not allow multiple selection.

kind regards

bob