click-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing UI/htm files between war files is it possible?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:35:08 GMT
Hi Khalef,

In 1.5 there is a new feature for auto deploying custom resources by
jarring up the resources under the entry META-INF/web.

So you could jar up shared Page/htm/Controls/js/css and add it to your
WARs or in a shared directory. Although its probably not a good idea
to share it since that normally leads to class loading issues.

1.5 also have a new feature whereby you can specify multiple packages
for your pages. Thus WAR1 can have packages: com.mycorp.department1
and com.mycorp.shared and WAR2 can have packages:
com.mycorp.department2 and com.mycorp.shared.

See section 3.1 here:
http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/configuration.html#auto-deployed-files

and 2.2.1 here:
http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/configuration.html#application-pages

I just realized the docs is a little outdated as it states that Click
only scans under the folder WEB-INF/lib, however its been enhanced to
scan the entire classpath. Need to update the docs!

Does that help?

kind regards

bob