click-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis M. J. Yerger" <dennisyerge...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Comparison with Apache Wicket
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:19:06 GMT
Daniel, a Java-centric approach may not appeal to you if you prefer to construct most of your
page in HTML. That's pretty much how Click works; construct the dynamic elements of the page
as Java objects and insert them into the template. However, Wicket works much the same way,
except when using it I feel as though I am constructing the elements twice, once in Java and
again in HTML. I'd rather construct them once in Java, the language I am most comfortable
with. Of course, I understand that this approach does not work for everyone, which is apparently
why so many Java Web frameworks exist in the first place.

From: daniel.clarke.ford@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:40:03 +0300
Subject: Re: Comparison with Apache Wicket
To: dev@click.apache.org

@Bob - Thanks for the links!
I'm not sold on this approach. It is way too manual for my taste.

@Dennis - I see what you meant with "less HTML to write".

Looking at http://click.avoka.com/click-examples/source-viewer.htm?filename=WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/click/examples/page/table/SearchTablePage.java
one can see code like:

editLink.setImageSrc("/assets/images/table-edit.png");
        editLink.setTitle("Edit customer details");
        editLink.setParameter("referrer", "/table/search-table.htm");
so you write your HTML in the Java file ... Not sold again.