click-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:16:02 GMT
This is a good point. Sometimes projects are just done, and
retiring them to the Attic does portray a project that
is no longer relevant or used or useful. Nor will people
pick up and start using projects in the Attic.

Maybe we need some other classification of project, like
'Dormant'. These would be projects that could obtain the
required 3 developers and votes, but basically are
just done; their reporting could be every 6 months, etc...

Thoughts?

On Sep 19, 2013, at 3:39 AM, Ingie <ingie@mail.ru> wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> I use Click for several apps for years. I started with 2.3.0 and now I use.... hm.....
2.3.0 ;)

> There are number of reasons that makes this project different.
>
> 1. Not so many bugfixes as usual. Because it's JUST WORKS. Apps based on Click are very
stable.
> 2. Lack of activity in discussions, no documentation updates, no new examples. Because
it's REALLY SIMPLE. Look at Cheat Sheet pdf. It's the only documentation I read years ago.
And that's enough.
> 3. No releases. Because it's PERFECT. It's minimal stateless framework for developers
who needs minimal stateless framework.

> From the other side.
> It's really no difference for me, for example, is the project retired or not. (Sorry)
Because framework is perfect and just works. Next project I will start I will use Click. I
will not go to Apache site for newest version. I will not use Wicket, for example. I already
have one, that fits my needs. So, I think Attic is not the place for Click. Attic is the place
for projects with no future. Click is the project with no further development. Maybe it's
different things. For the first 2-5 years.