click-dev mailing list archives

From Malcolm Edgar <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:38:06 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to see Apache Click continue as an Apache project rather than
move into the Attic. It is still a very relevant software framework. I use
it every day in a professional capability, and the company I work for has
invested many millions of dollars building software on this framework.

However I am not the right person to be the PMC for Apache Click as I can't
commit the time to this job adequately.  This role is more that just
sending an email once every 3 months (which I have generally been doing,
though occasionally late), but is to help lead/guide the project's
community.

I think the project's dev community would like to see it continue, but I
should resign from the PMC role and hopefully the community can move the
project forward. I am not sure what the right process for this is.

regards Malcolm Edgar