click-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ford <daniel.clarke.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison with Apache Wicket
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:46:14 GMT
Hi Bob,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Bob Schellink <sabob1@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Daniel,
>
> Couple of years ago I've answered this question on StackOverflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2168249/apache-wicket-vs-apache-click
>
> I think it the answer is still relevant today. One change is that stateful
> pages have been deprecated in Click. Instead the notion of stateful
> components was added.
> We've found that stateful pages wasn't a good fit in Click. As can be
> expected the conceptual model between a stateful and stateless page is
> vast, almost like
> coding in two different frameworks which is bad for maintenance. Stateful
> components seems a better fit as one has fine control over what and when to
> store state.

Where I can read more about how stateful components work ?
Since the page is not stored how a following http request finds the
stateful component ? Where the component is stored ? Or maybe just its
state is preserved at the client (cookie, request parameter, ...) ?
I'll be thankful if you send me a link to a document or even to the code
dealing with this logic.