click-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Colson <timcol...@me.com>
Subject RE: Apache Click Future / Attic
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 00:37:38 GMT
Hi all -
Based on a friends recommendation *three years* ago, I decided to try Click with Spring and
EmpireDB, for some internal apps. I contributed to the Velocity project years ago, so I'm
a fan of a template approach, and have grown to understand (and to a degree, like) the java-side
definition of page components.

I agree with the sentiment that Click is easy, and mostly works, but I believe there is always
opportunity for improvement (I'm looking at you HTML4 and frames and non-responsive design!)

Without a visibly active user base and regular releases (no matter how small), the project
will be viewed as too risky for the bulk of developers to even try out.
I am willing to help make incremental updates that add up to measured releases and (I hope)
growth of the user base.

-Tim