click-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-François Poilprêt <jfpoilp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Click Future
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 05:06:00 GMT
Hi,

given that the attic is for projects that have reached "end of life",
transferring Click there would not only mean that its development is
stopped but also that it has become useless.

Personally, even though Click development has stalled, I would not say
the project is useless. For me I would see it as a big waste, as I
consider Click, in its current state, perfectly suitable for a range of
web applications, and probably one of the simplest (although still
powerful) java web frameworks on the market.

Maybe a third option would be to migrate the project to another open
source hoster where you have less pressure on making the project live by
creating new releases, developments... I have nothing against Apache,
but I know working on a project on Apache can become cumbersome sometimes.
Transferring Click to another place may give it some more time to live
on its own, with a reduced community (only Q&A and bug fixes), while
waiting for greener fields...

Just my 2 cents

Jean-François Poilprêt