click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison with Apache Wicket
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:35:38 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Couple of years ago I've answered this question on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2168249/apache-wicket-vs-apache-click

I think it the answer is still relevant today. One change is that stateful pages have been

deprecated in Click. Instead the notion of stateful components was added.
We've found that stateful pages wasn't a good fit in Click. As can be expected the conceptual
model
between a stateful and stateless page is vast, almost like
coding in two different frameworks which is bad for maintenance. Stateful components seems
a better
fit as one has fine control over what and when to store state.

I believe Click would be easier to learn and get going. With Wicket one should be able to
create
more complicated UI's as all state is preserved. Looking at the click-examples
should give a good idea of the type of applications one would normally write with Click. As
you can
see it very web like, instead of desktop like.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Bob