click-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:14:09 GMT
<peanutgallery>

"Napping" immediately came to mind when reading Jim's note <g>

I agree wrt "dormant"; although it is exactly what we're talking about, it insinuates something
negative. "Ripe" is hilarious.

How about something along the lines of "holding" or "at rest"?

</peanutgallery>

- Sally

>________________________________

hm..... 2.3.0 ;)

>>> There are number of reasons that makes this project different.
>>>
>>> 1. Not so many bugfixes as usual. Because it's JUST WORKS. Apps based on Click
are very stable.
>>> 2. Lack of activity in discussions, no documentation updates, no new examples.
Because it's REALLY SIMPLE. Look at Cheat Sheet pdf. It's the only documentation I read years
ago. And that's enough.
>>> 3. No releases. Because it's PERFECT. It's minimal stateless framework for developers
who needs minimal stateless framework.

>>> From the other side.
>>> It's really no difference for me, for example, is the project retired or not.
(Sorry) Because framework is perfect and just works. Next project I will start I will use
Click. I will not go to Apache site for newest version. I will not use Wicket, for example.
I already have one, that fits my needs. So, I think Attic is not the place for Click. Attic
is the place for projects with no future. Click is the project with no further development.
Maybe it's different things. For the first 2-5 years.