click-dev mailing list archives

From Ingie <in...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:39:14 GMT
 Dear Chris,

I use Click for several apps for years. I started with 2.3.0 and now I use.... hm..... 2.3.0
;)

There are number of reasons that makes this project different.

1. Not so many bugfixes as usual. Because it's JUST WORKS. Apps based on Click are very stable.
2. Lack of activity in discussions, no documentation updates, no new examples. Because it's
REALLY SIMPLE. Look at Cheat Sheet pdf. It's the only documentation I read years ago. And
that's enough.
3. No releases. Because it's PERFECT. It's minimal stateless framework for developers who
needs minimal stateless framework.

From the other side.
It's really no difference for me, for example, is the project retired or not. (Sorry) Because
framework is perfect and just works. Next project I will start I will use Click. I will not
go to Apache site for newest version. I will not use Wicket, for example. I already have one,
that fits my needs. So, I think Attic is not the place for Click. Attic is the place for projects
with no future. Click is the project with no further development. Maybe it's different things.
For the first 2-5 years.

Kind regards,
Mikhail Peresypkin