click-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis M. J. Yerger" <dennisyerge...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Click Services
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 04:50:01 GMT
Hi, Bob. What you're proposing sounds somewhat like an MVC style application in which the proposed
Service class is the controller. Your code example reminds me of an ActionBean from the Stripes
Web framework. I'm guessing this single-page application will be driven by Ajax. If that is
the case, it is certainly possible to use ActionResults for XML/JSON requests. I can imagine
subclasses (XMLResult, JSONResult) to conveniently convert business objects to the expected
format. However, I would add an extra lifecycle method to the Service class, onDestroy(),
to handle any necessary cleanup.