click-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis M. J. Yerger" <dennisyerge...@hotmail.com>
Subject State of the project
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 21:33:00 GMT
Hello, everyone. The last version of Click was released in April of 2011. We are quickly approaching
the two-year mark since that release. There has not been another release since then, which
can mean only one thing: we've done it! We've created a Web framework so perfect it doesn't
need any further updates. Jokes aside, the state of the project seems to be dormant or stagnant.
This concerns me because I think it has great potential. Compared to Wicket, Click has a more
intuitive programming model similar to Swing. However, Wicket enjoys an active community while
Click has languished for the past nearly two years, which means a lack of support. What is
the future of this project? What can we do to revive it?